March 28, 2019
Today, I’s like to go over a few things that have been brought to my attention. You all may or maybe may not have heard of Penji. So what I wanted to do is jump on a Facebook live in order to answer some common questions that are consistently asked to use here at Penji.
On today’s episode, we are going to go over:
1. What is Penji?
2. Who is the perfect fit for Penji?
3. What are the benefits of Penji vs some other company?
4. What type of design we do and not do?
5. How long is your turnaround time?
6. Do you own the rights to all of the designs created by Penji?
7. How do I get the design requests I’ve requested?
8. What is the best way to refer us business?
Penji is an on-demand graphic design subscription that delivers graphic design projects fast, a management platform that is simple to use, and is affordable to any business with flat rate pricing.
At one time, we were an agency that delivered high end marketing support to businesses, universities, and large organizations.
We did web design, app design, SEO, and other marketing services. We were a full service agency.
But we quickly realized that the agency world wasn’t for us. We lost our purpose to say the least. But regardless of the ups and downs of running the agency, there was one thing that we knew we were good at. And that’s only because our customers told us, and that was graphic design.
We then set out on a journey, asked questions, interviewed our closest friends about the problems they were having in the business. The research that came back told us that the majority was having a hard time finding the right graphic designer for their business.
Today I’d like to go over the types of customers that are the best fit for Penji. This ultimately changes on the businesses needs, wants, and wishes, but we’ve categorized each target demographic as:
– Internal marketing teams
Let’s go over each in more detail:
A startup is a young company that typically resides in tech. This is a company that is just starting out and doesn’t have many employees. They most likely would use our service because we are affordable and can complete their brand.
To give you an idea of a typical request from a startup. It usually starts in two ways:
If it’s a startup that’s just starting out, it would be a complete brand overhaul or creation. They would need a:
– Business card (maybe)
– Social media graphics like a Facebook cover photo and more
– Brand style guides
But if it’s a startup that has been around for a while, they will need very specific things like:
– UX/UI projects for their app or web site
– Pitch decks
– Retooling or a repurpose of their existing brand
Startups love Penji because most of our customers do all of the graphic designs themselves. They use tools like Canva, photoshop, or any other self taught software. The problem with this is that it takes a crap ton of time. Time that could be spent doing many others things like sales, marketing, or even obtaining meetings. We constantly get bogged down doing mindless tasks, but don’t want to do the hard things to move the company forward.
Using Penji will allow them to get back to work! Allowing them to help grow their company and increase profitability.
An agency is a group of people who offer digital services to businesses. Their service offering is typically marketing, web design, web development, SEO, social media marketing, or any other form of marketing as a service.
Agencies LOVE Penji because a large majority of the population doesn’t understand what graphic design is or how to do it. We all have creative minds for the most part, but a lot of professionals aren’t able to put it on paper.
Typically we see agencies coming up with the strategy and then using Penji to execute the actual graphic elements for their customers.
Most agencies need a graphic design department, but it’s difficult to build a team for several reasons:
1. It’s expensive. Think about it. You’re a fast growing agency and you need to hire someone fast and inexpensive. If you bring someone on full time, you have to:
– Hire someone
– On-board them
– Pay their salary which a good graphic designer is more than $60,000
– Benefits, vacation times, and processes are all needed
If you’re a larger organization this works because you have the infrastructure, but even larger teams don’t.
Agencies use Penji and allow us to work with their clients. Our service is the perfect fit for agencies because we deliver FAST turnaround at an affordable.
Our platform is also easy for them to use and help them manage their client workload.
An agency at times could have 5+ customers that need Penji. Penji can support ALL of their customers, in addition to their own business.
Internal Marketing Teams:
An internal marketing team is that of someone who works within a large organization.
For example, universities or larger private companies all need graphic design help. But the problem is that they either have an in-house designer that wears 100 different hats or a hire multiple freelancers.
It’s difficult to manage both. Because on one hand you have the different hat wearing employee that shouldn’t design materials because they have more important things do.
Then on the other side with freelancers, they all have different rates and styles.
You can see how this could be difficult to manage. What do you do?
Well, internal marketing teams hire Penji because it makes things easier to manage. Our platform allows our customers to easily manage their brand, communicate with our team of designers, and receive revisions in an easy fashion with just a few clicks of a button.
We target directors of marketing and other roles as such to get our company in front of mind!
I’d like to categorize Penji in three ways. We are simple, fast, and affordable. So let’s break down each:
It starts with our platform:
1. Create as many design projects as you want and organize them as you please. When one project is done, we’ll move onto the next in the order you created.
2. Brand libraries. Create a brand library for your business which allows us to further understand your brand/story logos, colors, fonts, etc…
3. Communication made simple. We got rid of annoying and confusing email chains. Chat in real time with your designers and communicate all your needs quickly and effectively.
4. We have a point and click feature that allows you the ability to receive super accurate revisions. Simply Point & Click directly onto the image where you want the revision and your designer will know exactly where/what you want changed.
One of the hardest things to do in business is to get everyone to agree. With Penji we want to make it fast to make a decision. Like super fast.
Penji is fast in a few ways.
1. We deliver graphic designs in under 48 hours.
2. We have a new feature that will allow you the ability to add your team onto Penji for real time collaboration. You’ll be allow to:
– Set Permissions: Set specific permissions for each member based on their role.
– Assign Projects: You can assign specific projects to specific team members. (Which is great for brand managers or project managers)
– Collaborate with others: Create a shareable link to send to your coworker or client and get their input/feedback on the design.
Our pricing starts at $349 a month. If you receive the average, which is around 20-30 designs a month, that comes down to around $11 per design.
That’s an insane amount of value.
We want to level the playing field when it comes to receiving great graphic design. We fundamentally believe that you shouldn’t have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to receive the graphic designs you want to differentiate your business. Sign up for a service like Penji and work with a team that wants to see you succeed and deliver the design request you deserve!
There are NO hidden fees. No catches. No contracts. Just one flat rate depending on the type of business and service you need.
– When do we work?
We work around the clock. There isn’t a time in your day, regardless of where you’re from that you can’t reach out to someone on our team and receive a response. So if you’re on the east coast and working 9 to 5. Someone will be on.
What if you’re in Australia, Europe, or even Asia?
We work in your time zones too.
No matter where you are in the world, no matter what you do. If you need graphic design support for your business, you can get on-demand graphic design support, all at one flat monthly rate from Penji.
If you’re interested in Penji, head over to Penji.co for more information and if at anytime you’re stumped, contact your manager or if you’re someone who may be interested in Penji, email us at email@example.com
There are over 65+ design requests that we can do. Things like:
It’s safe to say there is a lot we do. So let’s talk about what we don’t do, which is important.
What we don’t do
We can take your idea to the absolute limit of graphic design, but in the end it is up to you to post the materials we create or use within your dev work.
Our turn-around time depends on the project and number of revisions. Usually it’s between 24 – 48 hours for most projects. More complex design project such as a website/app, landing page, pitch decks, and multi-page booklets will require more time.
Our team would ultimately let you (the customer) know ahead of time so there is no confusion.
Yes, you own all rights and licenses to all designs created for you. If we use stock photos, you will also be granted license for that photo. However, materials you provide to us are assumed to be licensed and owned by you. If you provide us with unlicensed materials to use, then we are not held liable for the rights of the final design.
Simple as that.
Simple, it’s all within our platform. Once the design request is completed, head over to Penji. Log in. And download the files you need. We will deliver whatever files you requested. You can request a PSD file, JPEG, PNG, or whatever file you need for your business.
If you’re an affiliate, we’ve found that the best ways to refer us business are:
– We’ve created a dashboard for you to use. Within this dashboard you’ll have direct access to your success team. If at anytime you have a question or need advice, just ask.
– We have found that some of customers usually reside on Facebook, Groups, or forums. If you have a Facebook group and want a representative to speak to your audience, we have people to help you. Or if you see someone asking for graphic design help, drop your link and if that person clicks on the link to subscribe to Penji, you get commission on the sale!
– Speaking of audiences, if you’re an influencer, you already know the value of your followers. We’d love to help you introduce Penji to your audience. As mentioned, interviews, facebook lives, and case studies work well. Reach out to your contact within Penji to learn more about how we can introduce our company to your followers.
If you’re a friend and see someone talking about graphic design or maybe they need help with branding. OR maybe they use one of our competitors or a service like ours, drop us a line.
Give us a shout out! If we find out that you made an introduction for a sale, we will send you a special gift in the mail!
If you’re a customer:
– You already know about how you can get Penji for free. If you refer us 7 people, you will get Penji for free! You have a unique link. Copy the link and give it to your friend. The best way to help us grow and help you spend less money is that if you like what you’re receiving from Penji. You like our communication, you like how much we care about you, the best form of flattery is a referral.
That wraps up the this fun Facebook live. I know there are questions that people may have. I’m gonna go back in the comments now and answer as many questions as possible. If I don’t get to your question and you’re watching this on replay, just drop a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org